MEMBER RUN EVENT - Online Mental Health First Aid
24th November - 3 December
(4 live modules 24 November to 3 December 2020)
Who is it for?
What will I learn on the Online Mental Health First Aid course?
- To identify the early signs of mental ill health.
- Confidence in starting a conversation about mental health.
- To provide help to prevent mental ill health from getting worse, and aid quicker recovery.
- To feel confident guiding someone towards appropriate support.
Live Session One 1 hour 45 mins (pre session learning 1 hour)
- Why Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
- The MHFA action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms and risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
Live Session Two 2 hours 20 mins (pre session learning 2 hours)
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
Live Session Three 2 hours (pre session learning 2 hours)
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resource for anxiety disorder
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Self harm
Live Session Four 1 hour 55 mins (pre session learning 2 hours)
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Last updated 1:43pm on 20 October 2020