Brexi Information for Businesses
Published 09:57 on 2 Oct 2020
As you are aware the UK has now left the EU and the transition period will be coming to a close at the end of the year. It is really important that your business is ready for this time.
We have put together key information below which will help your business through the transition period. There is a wealth of information out there, along with webinars to help
you along the way. There is also an extensive list of contacts you can reach out to for further support.
Please read the information below carefully and make sure you are fully aware of what this means for you and your business.
There will be further support information on this subject for West Sussex business coming out shortly so watch this space!
The UK transition
The UK has left the EU, and the transition period after Brexit comes to an end this year. Check the gov.uk website for the new rules from January 2021
and take action now!
British Chamber of Commerce/Sussex Chamber of Commerce
- The British Chamber network has developed ChamberCustoms a customs advisory, training and brokerage service delivered through Chambers of Commerce across the UK.
- The Chamber Network is also currently training and developing teams to handle Customs Declarations.
- There are currently grants available through HMRC Customs Intermediary Scheme.
- The Sussex Chamber is currently recruiting staff who will be trained to handle this new service by 1 Jan 2021.
- The British Chamber of Commerce has launched a national webinar series called 'Countdown to Change'. The webinars will cover practical info and advice on
- what businesses need to do now in order to be prepared for the changes on 1 Jan.
- Importers and exporters can complete Customs Declaration E-Learning training. There is also in-depth customs declarations training that
- can be provided through the British Chambers.
Organisations offering further BREXIT support
EU transition Business Support
Coast to Capital Growth Hub
Sussex Chamber of Commerce
Trade Associations Directory
British Chambers of Commerce
Department of International Trade (DIT)
Export market information
List of current EU FTAs
New UK trade tariff
New Border Operating Model
Export control organisation
General export support
UK Export Finance
Enterprise Europe Network https://www.enterprise-europe.co.uk
Trade missions https://www.events.trade.gov.uk/
Training and qualifications http://www.export.org.uk/default.asp
Overseas embassies https://www.gov.uk/world
Protecting intellectual property https://www.gov.uk/intellectual-property-an-overview
UK overseas intellectual property attaché network https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-overseas-intellectual-property-attache-network
Translation services http://www.atc.org.uk/
Freight Forwarders https://www.bifa.org/members
Bilateral Business Councils
China-Britain Business Council http://www.cbbc.org/
UK India Business Council https://www.ukibc.com/
UK-ASIAN Business Council http://www.ukabc.org.uk/
Support service for those trading with Northern Ireland trade goes live
The government is urging businesses to sign up to new Trader Support Service with fewer than 100 days until end of Transition period.
The new Trader Support Service (TSS) is now live for business, providing education and guidance for traders moving goods under the Northern Ireland Protocol,
including between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The free-to-use digital service will help businesses and traders of all sizes to navigate the changes to the way goods move, once the Northern Ireland Protocol
and can also use it to complete digital declarations.
Last updated 13:54 on 13 November 2020